Calling Tolworth and Hook Rise residents! How would you spend £10,000?
By RachelEngland | Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 17:13
An exciting new pilot project will see a Neighbourhood Discretionary Grant of £10,000 awarded to Tolworth and Hook Rise, and the council is asking residents how to spend it.
How would you spend £10,000 in Tolworth and Hook Rise?
Any community or voluntary group, club, residents' association or council department can put forward a scheme or idea they'd like to seek funding for (a maximum lump sum of £2,000).
Ideas could include a young person's activity, a community event or an improvement to a public space. Residents within the Tolworth and Hook Rise Ward are invited to a Decision Day event on Tuesday 12th June, from 6pm to 9pm, where they can vote on the projects they prefer, with the most voted-for projects given funding.
To bid for funding, you must:
- Be a group with a bank account
- Be legal and have necessary approvals
- Have an idea that will benefit residents in Tolworth and Hook Rise
- Provide a display to promote your idea on Decision Day
- Spend the money, if successful, before 31 March 2013.
- Visit the Decision Day event at Southborough High School on Hook Road
- Live within the Tolworth and Hook Rise Ward (and show proof of address)
- Complete a voting paper (one per household).
Successful parties will be notified after a committee meeting on July 4th. Good luck!
For more information, visit: www.kingston.gov.uk/yourmoney.htm