Wedding First Dance - Imortant Tips
By IDANCE | Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 15:36
Do you want to learn more about your wedding first dance? Please see my blog about Wedding First Dance Tips.
The "first dance" is a popular element at many wedding celebrations in modern European and American traditions in which the newly married couple have their first dance as a married couple at the wedding reception.
In the past, the first wedding dance was commonly a Waltz. Now days many couples use more popular dances include the Foxtrot, Rumba and swing.
More recently, some couples have been known to introduce a surprise into their dance to surprise and humour their audience e.g. by dancing slow waltz and then change it in to disco or freestyle dance. That's not my favourite form of Wedding First Dance though. I do choreograph lots of "funny" dance routines for my couples but personally I prefer elegant and sophisticated style of dance,
that reflect magic, love and romance.
My favourite Wedding First Dance songs are:
"At Last by Etta James,
"Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars,
"Everything" by Michael Bubble.
Wedding First Dance Tips:
*Consider taking ballroom dancing lessons at least three months prior to your wedding.
* Many couples have a special song. If you don't already have a song in mind, ask your dance instructor or reception DJ for suggestions.
Remember try to select a romantic song with a good easy to hear dance beat.
* Try to limit the dance to about 2-3minutes, as any longer will seem like an eternity
* Have a good idea of the size and shape your wedding reception dance floor will be so that you can practice and get used to dancing in that amount of space.
* Make your wedding dance sparkle. Put an effort to practice and perfect your dance and you will dazzle your friends and family. The more you practice, the more at ease you will feel and appear on
the dance floor.
* Make sure you have practiced dancing in the shoes you will be wearing on the wedding day.
WeddingFD offers Wedding First Dance private lessons.
To book go to www.weddingfd.com or call 0208 241 6001
We also offer WeddingFD DVD -new step by step, fully fully interactive Wedding First Dance programme for all wedding couples. See http://www.weddingfd.com/dvd.html for more details.